Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Artistic Statement


My whole life I have always wanted to make movies. Ever since a kid I have been fascinated with the idea of films being able to create whole new worlds out of nothing. I believe this is due to the fact that I have always been an adventurous person. I always crave excitement and never seem to be able to keep the status quo. With the few movies I have made these traits have always been part of their stories and pacing. I create movies where the characters are constantly tested with a new threat or challenge to keep things fresh and exciting. Most of the movies I love seem to embody this idea as well. Filmmakers such as David Fincher, Martin Scorsese, Marc Foster, and even JJ Abrams seem to create many films just like the ones I want to make. They always seem to be able to create something new and original or simply take an old idea and twist it up enough it becomes something so unique. I would love to make films like those or even take different genres and mash them up together to create new genres altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment